The Centre of Garden Art and Landscape Architecture (CGL) is an interdisciplinary institution of the Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Universität Hannover.
The CGL’s goals include the following:
- Interdisciplinary research and the promotion of research in the fields of the history of garden art and historical garden preservation, contemporary landscape architecture and at the interfaces between landscape architecture, town planning and architecture
- the exchange of information and ideas on an international level, both within and outside the university, for academics and practitioners, for teaching staff and students
- Presenting the results of research to the general public (via publications, series of lectures and exhibitions)
- Promoting new generations of scientists
- Linking research and teaching
- Statutes of the Centre of Garden Art and Landscape Architecture
- Flyer "The Centre of Garden Art and Landscape Architecture"
The CGL is directed by an elected board of governors, to which members of various faculties belong. An internationally appointed scientific advisory board was set up in December 2003 to promote the CGL's work and to advise the board. Up to 10 public figures from the fields of architecture, landscape architecture, the fine arts and literature can belong to the advisory board.